Copyright 2014 Michael Grant de Longueuil
Contact email: [email protected]
Visit French website: www.delongueuil.com
Baron Charles II Le Moyne de Longueuil, the only Canadian-born person to be raised to the rank of Baron by the French King, built Fort Longueuil as his fortified residence. The fort was built between 1685 and 1690 entirely in stone masonry. It was occupied by American troops in 1775 and later by the British.
Fort Longueuil is recognized as a National Historic Site of Canada. The historic site includes the archaeological site of the fort, which was demolished in 1810.
Click on photo to enlarge